Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Looking for a Dream House?

Geez, the housing market must be bad if even Barbie is forced to put her home up for sale.

She put her three-story pink palace in California on the market in February. The home is listed on the market for $25 million.

In the next year, Barbie is hitting the road to find a new dream home. After all, it is a buyer's market.

For 41 years, Barbie’s famous Dreamhouse has been a fictional Malibu landmark. The original Dreamhouse debuted in 1962.

I had some different Barbie houses, including the three my dad built for me and a townhouse with a "working" elevator. But the only official Dreamhouse I had was the 1979 version pictured here.
The Dreamhouse is listed online at Trulia, an online marketplace for home buyers, sellers, renters, and real estate professionals. Visit Trulia.com/Barbie to view the listing.

Read about it here, here and here.

(In case you were confused, Mattel wants every to know the Dream House sale is "for entertainment purposes only.")

1 comment:

  1. Even though I knew about this, I enjoyed your blog post about it anyway. I enjoy most everything Barbie.

    xoxo
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog!