I spent some time spring cleaning this past weekend, but I wasn't focusing on the dust bunnies under the bed or the clutter in the closet. I was cleaning out my collection.
This is the first time I've really gone in and removed dolls. The act itself was not as traumatic as I had expected. I found some dolls I had no real memories of, some I didn't really like all that much and some I downright disliked.
In all, I imagine I selected more than 100 to remove, though the official numbers aren't in yet. (I only got as far as piling up the dolls I no longer want to keep. I haven't counted them or cataloged them or anything like that yet.) I also have some random ancillary Barbie items such as decorative plates and playing cards that I'm not keeping.
I plan on posting some pictures of the dolls who didn't make the cut in the coming days and weeks along with some explanations as to why they aren't staying.
My next challenge is to determine what to do with all of them.
Organizing Update: Progress by Room
1 day ago