Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Western Stampin' Collection

Would kids today be excited about "spurs" that double as stamps?  Probably not, what with their need to have a camera rammed in Barbie's chest, but I certainly was. I had Western Stampin' Barbie as well as Tara Lynn, but I opened Barbie and played with her. Those stupid stamps never did work that well, and the hat never stayed on Barbie's head. I don't think I used the glitter. Barbie's jacket did have some kick-ass fringe, though.

The Western Stampin' collection is from 1993.

I'm a little sad that I did not pick up the Ken from the collection.

As you can see from the back of the box, he is wearing jeans and black "leather" chaps. He is worthy of my collection of hilarious Ken dolls, which only consists of two right now: Rappin' Rockin' Ken and Earring Magic Ken. A Ken in chaps would fit right in.

2 comments:

  1. I have the ken western stampin barbie still in the box. The front plastic is bent in a bit but I do have it unopened if you are interested in it email me. t.kelley85@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer! I don't have a lot of Kens in my collection, but the ones that I do have I find HILARIOUS.

    Hee.

    http://barbieobsession.blogspot.com/2009/10/poor-ken.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog!